Purpose of Our Policy
Who and What this Policy Applies to
If, at any time, an individual provides Personal Information or other information about someone other than himself or herself, the individual warrants that they have that person's consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
Our Services may not be used by minors(persons under the age of 18 years).
The Information We Collect
In the course of business we collect Personal Information, as well as other information about users of the Services (including our website). This information allows us to identify who an individual is for the purposes of our business, share Personal Information when asked of us, contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect is:
- Identity Information. We may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, date of birth, nationality, family details and other similar information;
- Contact Information. We may collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone & fax number, social media and other usernames, residential, business and postal address and other information that allows us to contact or locate the individual;
- Financial Information. We may collect financial information related to an individual such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our services;
- Statistical Information. We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes; and
- Other Information. We may also collect other information from individuals, such as information an individual sends us, posts on the Services or otherwise shares with us as part of an email or other communication.
- Third Party Sources. We may also collect certain information about individuals from third parties. We also may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services (including our Apps) through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; page views; links you click; your IP address; location information; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; referring URL; access date and time; mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information.
How Information is Collected
Most information will be collected in association with an individual’s use of Workyard, an enquiry about Workyard or generally dealing with us. However we may also receive Personal Information from sources such as advertising, an individual’s own promotions, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff, recruitment agencies and our business partners. In particular, information is likely to be collected as follows:
- Registrations/Subscriptions. When an individual registers or subscribes for a service, account, connection or other process whereby they enter Personal Information details in order to receive or access something, including a transaction;
- Sharing with other Users. When an individual provides Personal Information to other users of the website or service;
- Supply. When an individual supplies us with goods or services;
- Contact. When an individual contacts us in any way;
- Access. When an individual accesses us physically we may require them to provide us with details for us to permit them such access. When an individual accesses us through the internet we may collect information using cookies (if relevant – an individual can adjust their browser’s setting to accept or reject cookies) or analytical services; and/or
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read and they tell us whether mail has been opened.
As there are many circumstances in which we may collect information both electronically and physically, we will endeavour to ensure that an individual is always aware of when their Personal Information is being collected.
Where we obtain Personal Information without an individual’s knowledge (such as by accidental acquisition from a client) we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information, in accordance with applicable law.
When Personal Information Is Used & Disclosed
In general, the primary principle is that we will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected other than with the individual’s permission. The purpose of collection is determined by the circumstances in which the information was collected and/or submitted.
If it is necessary for us to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to third parties in a manner compliant with applicable law in the course of our business, we will inform you that we intend to do so, or have done so, as soon as practical.
We will not disclose or sell an individual’s Personal Information to unrelated third parties under any circumstances.
Information is used to enable us to operate our business, especially as it relates to an individual. This may include:
- The provision of goods and services between an individual and us;
- Verifying an individual’s identity;
- Communicating with an individual about:
- Their relationship with us;
- Our goods and services;
- Our own marketing and promotions to customers and prospects;
- Competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- Investigating any complaints about or made by an individual, or if we have reason to suspect that an individual is in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that an individual is or has been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- As required or permitted by any law.
There are some circumstances in which we must disclose an individual’s information:
- Where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of;
- As required by any law; and/or
- In order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
We may utilise third-pay service providers (such as Gmail from Google, Inc., and MailChimp from The Rocket Science Group LLC) to communicate with an individual and to store contact details about an individual. These service providers may be located in the United States of America.
Opting "In" Or "Out"
An individual may opt to not have us collect their Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering them some or all of our services and may terminate their access to some or all of the services they access with or through us. They will be aware of this when:
- Opt In. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us; or
- Opt Out. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to exclude himself or herself from
If an individual believes that they have received information from us that they did not opt in or out to receive, they should contact us on the details below.
The Safety & Security of Personal Information
We will take precautions to protect an individual’s Personal Information from unauthorised access. However, no information is 100% sure. Each individual that provides information to us via the internet or by post does so at their own risk
8 How to Access and/or Update Information
Users of Workyard can update their Personal Information from within their Workyard account or profile.
Subject to applicable law, an individual has the right to request from us the Personal Information that we have about them, and we have an obligation to provide them with such information within 28 days of receiving their written request.
If an individual cannot update its own information, we will correct any errors in the Personal Information we hold about an individual within 7 days of receiving written notice from them about those errors.
It is an individual’s responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful Personal Information. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
We may charge an individual a reasonable fee for our costs incurred in meeting any of their requests to disclose the Personal Information we hold about them.
Complaints and Disputes
If an individual has a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, they should address their complaint in writing to the details below.
If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information we will inform them at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
From time to time, we may send an individual important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to the individual’s interaction with us, they may not opt out of receiving these communications.
All correspondence with regards to privacy should be addressed to:
The Privacy Officer
You may contact the Privacy Officer by email in the first instance.
Changes to This Policy
If we change things in a manner that materially affects the information we have collected about you, we will notify you email and, if these changes affect the information we have already collected from you, we will obtain your consent.